Tuesday 4 June 2013

Much ado about something

Hi all! Inbetween exam preparation I've been lucky enough to do a couple of live sets at The Hythe to Port Festival and Firstsite Colchester and I must thank Tess Gardener of SKOPT & Col Po fame for the former and James Sarek of Col Po fame for the latter. Thanks both for the opportunities! I've really tried hard to up the ante with live work and the material is so heartfelt it seems to come accross from the feedback I've had. I'd welcome comments as ever. The Circles project has been a bit of a watershed in so far as I'll take time out from the usual source material for my work and try to do something a bit different for the next project "Auto Pathology".  It's been on the back burner for a long while and now seems the time to complete a thorough examination of my and those around me's relationship with all things medical. It's a long story but hopefully it will all make sense, so from witch doctors to councelling via psychology here goes! Meanwhile I continue to "fine tune" Circles but it's certainly ready for it's own page on the blog. I have added some material from the same and hope you like it. This Saturday sees another opportunity for live work at a fund raiser for the "Lightbulb Festival of the Arts"  which will take place in Colchester from July 11th to 14th. Please, please back this if you can. Better still come along to 15 Queen St, Colchester from 7pm onwards to see some great acts strutt their stuff! I'll sign off now but do please look to the "Circles" page link to get a flavour of what the last nine months have been about in Mark (poetry) world! See you at an event nearby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment