Saturday 24 November 2012

24/11/12

Well, it's time for an update and I must begin by saying that I have discovered a new "holy grail" poetry wise to add to the Leonard Cohen holy grail that I've nurtured for a while now. The new discovery is Emily Dickinson a nineteenth century American poetess who wrote such perfect work and in such profusion that my head is in a whorl. What to do when you encounter true genius? Be inspired, be very inspired so I write a piece as an ode to all I have learned this past week: -


Awe

Alone on the shore of eternity’s sequind hem
And all that it enfolds
Endless realms stretch beyond my mind
And all that it can hold

Yet creation’s womb was smaller than a grain of sand
So tonight I playfully mask heavens glory
Cover everything that ever was
With my mortal hand

________________

Well, I hope you liked my attempt, I feel awed by Emily, I have discovered a universe in her work.....

Mark Harris has asserted his right under
Section 77 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
To be identified as the author of this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment